Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Space: The Final Frontier

STAR TREK


Star Trek starring Chris Pine, Eric Bana, Zachary Quinto and NOT William Shatner with a current release date of May 9, 2009.

Now I know it is not being released for another year, but I am extremely excited about this movie! I would consider myself a Trekkie when it comes to Star Trek vs. Wars. I don't know that much about the Klingon's history or which planet was the first ever place the USS Enterprise landed outside of our planet, but I do love the stories of them!

This trailer is really good about being a teaser and nothing else! Everybody knows they are making this film. They have to keep it in people's memory without giving to much away, and I think this film does exactly that. It gets people excited, but I still have no clue what is going to happen.

What I do know is that they are replacing Captain Kirk (William Shatner) and the rest of the crew with a much younger cast. They are brining back old Spock, but not old Kirk! I think harshly about J.J. Abrams (of LOST fame) for this decision. Shatner built the empire that is Star Trek and Abrams doesn't want to recognize that?

And, no matter how great this movie is or how wonderful the new Captain is, Jean-Luc Picard will ALWAYS be the best captain! Now HE would be great in this movie...


Wall*E



Wall*E starring John Ratzenberger, Sigourney Weaver and Fred Willard. The film is being released June 27, 2008.

Summer is here, and that only means one thing....time for another Pixar movie! I love Pixar films and am always looking forward to the next one coming out. I will admit, though, that I have been disappointed by the last few, but that is because I love Finding Nemo so much! The Incredibles and Ratatouille where both really good, but still, they don't compare to thoses fishes!

But the great thing about this film, is that it has been YEARS in the making. And when I say years, I mean years. This film was first concepted after the when the first Toy Story was being finished. The story goes that the Pixar creators sat around a table and discussed the next movies. They were 1. A Bug Life 2. Monster's Inc. 3. Finding Nemo and lastly 4. Wall*E. So as you can tell, this film has some fantastic company!

The story is about a robot who is left on trash infested earth while everybody else has left. When a space ship comes back, he hopes on. When he travels to the new world, he finds new things, a new way of life and even a new love! What I am really interested to see is how he communicates. In the trailer, he doesn't say anything except his broken name. Maybe he speaks, and maybe he doesn't, but whichever way, I can't wait to see that cute little robot on the silver screen!

No comments: