Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2



The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 starring America Ferrera and Amber Tamblyn which is set to be released August 8, 2008.

When I was in middle school, my grandmother gave me the first book of this series as a Christmas present. Of course, being the cool middle schooler that I was, I didn't really care much for it. Then, a couple years later, I was bored one summer and went through all my books. I read this book, and feel in love with the series. I have been following it very closely for sometime now!

A brief recap for those of you knew to the series, these books are about four best friends who were leaving each other for the first time. On one of their last days together, they went clothes shopping and found a pair of pants that happened to fit all of them perfectly! Not hard to imagine if they were all the same size, but they weren't. They were "magical" pants. But let me not confuse you. The story doesn't have anything to do with magic. The pants are there to connect the four characters. Each one ventures out and has to deal with her own issues. But they have each other and the pants.

Now, I have seen the first movie, and it is AMAZING! It stays very true to the book. I have also read all the other books, so I know what is suppose to happen in this film, if it is based solely on the book, but we all know they change things!. Anywho. I don't want to ruin any aspect of this film, but if you need a good movie to go to with your best friend, this would be the movie to do it! I was very surprised to see the trailer for it because I didn't know that they were going to make the sequel, but it was one of the best surprises I have received in a long time!

No comments: