Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sports: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

THE GOOD.


SPEED RACER starring Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Matthew Fox and John Goodman with a scheduled release date of May 9, 2008.

Usually, I don't really go for cartoon-to-reallife movies, but they usually surprise me! I didn't really watch the cartoon, although I have seen a few episodes. I am not really into car racing. I get really nervous going fast. But I think the studio has put in the money to make this movie good.

First is the graphics/action. The race scenes look amazing just from the preview, and there was some martial arts shown. They were smart saying that the movie was from the makers of the Matrix triology, those words alone will bring in millins of dollars!

The second great thing is the cast. Hirsch is fresh off his acclaimed performance from Into The Wild. Goodman and Sarandon are both timeless actors, Fox will forever have a cult following and Ricci will also star in the anticiapted movie Penelope.


THE BAD.


LEATHERHEADS starring George Clooney, John Krasinski and Renee Zellweger with a scheduled release date of April 4, 2008.

Don't get me wrong, I love George Clooney just as much as the next woman, but this movie just doesn't look very good. Clooney is at his best when he is suave, Sinatra-style! His portrayl of Daniel Ocean is amazing! That is the George Clooney I love. He also directs this movie. His past directions have done pretty well during the awards season, but I have a feeling the only award this movie will be up for is a Razzie!

Just from looking at the trailer, I feel the movie is going to rely to much on physical comedy. A person can only get hit so many times before it isn't funny.

One reason why I think I am worried is because of Zellweger. I don't get why people love her? I find her to be so annoying (with the exception of Bridget Jones, but that could just be Colin Firth)

THE UGLY.


SEMI-PRO starring Will Ferrell, Woody Harrelson and Andre Benjamin with a release date of Feb. 29, 2008.

I am tired of Ferrell making all these corny sports movies. I didn't like Talladega Nights, I didn't like that ice-skating movie, so I don't think I will like this one either. Will Ferrell is to funny to have to stoop to this level!

Andre 3000 is really trying hard to make it as an actor. I love Four Brothers, but I am still waiting for the new album!

No comments: