Thursday, March 13, 2008

SXSW

Being a resident of Austin, one of the highlights of the year is always South By Southwest (SXSW), which always happens to take place during the University of Texas' spring break. Unfortunately, I don't get to partake in the wonderful festivities this year because I am going to New York City for the week. Out of all the wonderful showcases, there are two that really stand out to me...

HAROLD AND KUMAR 2


HAROLD AND KUMAR 2: ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY starring Kal Penn and John Cho. The film is being released April 25, 2008.

I am a HUGE fan of the original. I have been waiting for this film since the last second of the original. It is nice to see everybody return, including Neil Patrick Harris! Although, I think it will be interesting to see if they address his sexual orientation. In the last movie, NPH was a womanizer, and he has since come out to the public as gay. I also love David Krumholtz and Eddie Kaye Thomas as Goldstein and Rosenberg (a take on the classic Shakespearean characters Rosencrantz and Guildestern!)


21


21 starring Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth and Laurence Fishburne. The film is scheduled for release March 28, 2008.

By now, you have probably seen the thousands of television spots for this film. But I think it is worth mentioning that the film will be screening in Austin. The film is based on a true story, which means it will be awesome, since, I like to believe, they won't make million dollar movies on stories that are boring. I can't stand Bosworth, but my love for Spacey will compensate for her! And who doesn't want to take down the house? Vegas has taken a lot of my money, so I like seeing movies where the people win! That is why I love all the Ocean movies, or maybe it is just George Clooney!

No comments: