Friday, March 21, 2008

88 Minutes



88 MINUTES
starring Al Pacino, Benjamin Mackenzie and LeeLee Sobieski. This film will be released April 18, 2008.

Normally, I showcase upcoming movies that I haven't seen. But, in this instance, I have already seen this movie. With my schedule being so busy, I generally watch movies online now. I know it is bad for the industry, and eliminates movie trailers, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do right?

So instead of my predictions for this movie, I will give you a little bit of a review...

First, I saw this trailer when I saw the movie Vantage Point in the theater. It looked absolutely amazing! I mean, Pacino is in it! So I was pleasantly surprised when the movie showed up on davidmovie.com. (That site and watch-movies.net are my favorite sites to watch pirated movies!)

ABOUT THE MOVIE...

Well, the trailer makes it seem like there is this unexpected twist. The only problem is, it never came. It was a good story, but there just wasn't that moment that shocked me. About 20 minutes into the film, I was like "Do I already know who the killer is?" And by the end of the movie, it turns out I did. There was even a point when after everything was "resolved," that I thought, maybe it is coming, but no, no twist in this movie.

Also, the title was a little confusing. I know why he has 88 minutes to live. They made that clear, but I didn't see what it had to do with the rest of the story. There was no connection.

I don't want to discourage you from seeing the film, but you might want to wait and Netflix it or you can always watch it online now!

No comments: